Atlantic Coast Charity Cup 2012

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts
  • Interests:Atlantis Blood Bowl League commissioner.
    Into skirmish games: Infinity, Hell Dorado, Nemesis, Confrontation 3, etc.
  • Store:Norfolk, Portsmouth

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Atlantic Coast Charity Cup
What: A one-day, three-round Blood Bowl tournament.
Where: VFW Post 392 in Virginia Beach.
When: July 14th, 2012
Why: To raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, a disabled veterans' charity, and to give southeastern Virginia some national exposure as a center of all things Blood Bowl.
How much: $25.

That's a link at the top of the post. The website has additional information and the tournament rules. I'm hoping to draw people from as far north as Pennsylvania and as far south as Georgia, but us locals are going to make or break the event. We have a great community here, and I'd really appreciate everyone's support. As much as I love league play (nothing better), Blood Bowl also makes for a great tournament game, and I believe that everyone who comes out will be glad that they did.

I'm trying to get as many preregistrants as possible, in an attempt to increase our prize support (which will in turn increase money raised). In the event that certain door prizes or actual spaces in the tournament are limited, preregistrants will be given priority. You can pay me in cash if you want to, but I would prefer a check made out to Wounded Warrior Project and postdated for July 14th.

Also, if you want to volunteer to help set up the site, etc., it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post here or contact me privately. Thanks!

Edited by Gaixo, 06 March 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#2 Missqued

Missqued
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Sign me up boss. I will be there

#3 Mohgreen

Mohgreen
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  • Store:Norfolk

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Sign me up boss. I will be there

Same here! I'm in!

#4 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:As the Quite Dominator I do not make much of a splash: although I did get carried away once. That table will never be the same. The thing is, “Do not get to caught up with beating just one opponent. If you do I will just role over both of you and you will not even know what hit you or where it came from.” Good gaming.
  • Store:Portsmouth

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

]Atlantic Coast Charity Cup
Why: To raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, a disabled veterans' charity, and to give southeastern Virginia some national exposure as a center of all things Blood Bowl.

That's a link at the top of the post. The website has additional information and the tournament rules. I'm hoping to draw people from as far north as Pennsylvania and as far south as Georgia, but us locals are going to make or break the event. We have a great community here, and I'd really appreciate everyone's support. As much as I love league play (nothing better), Blood Bowl also makes for a great tournament game, and I believe that everyone who comes out will be glad that they did.

I'm trying to get as many preregistrants as possible, in an attempt to increase our prize support (which will in turn increase money raised). In the event that certain door prizes or actual spaces in the tournament are limited, preregistrants will be given priority. You can pay me in cash if you want to, but I would prefer a check made out to Wounded Warrior Project and postdated for July 14th.

Also, if you want to volunteer to help set up the site, etc., it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post here or contact me privately. Thanks!

Sign me up I am in as well.

#5 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thanks, guys.

#6 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,298 posts
  • Interests:All Games and Entertainments!
    First commissioner of the Atlantis Games & Comics Blood Bowl League
  • Store:Portsmouth, Norfolk, & Virginia Beach - I was hard core!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Just let me know where you need me to lend a hand. :)

#7 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Thanks, Mike. Use your sway over the dominion of Portsmouth to get some people signed up. It's an especially good opportunity for those people who enjoy the game but can't commit to a full league schedule (I'm thinking Corey, Gene, Harvey, J.R...).

#8 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:As the Quite Dominator I do not make much of a splash: although I did get carried away once. That table will never be the same. The thing is, “Do not get to caught up with beating just one opponent. If you do I will just role over both of you and you will not even know what hit you or where it came from.” Good gaming.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Thanks, Mike. Use your sway over the dominion of Portsmouth to get some people signed up. It's an especially good opportunity for those people who enjoy the game but can't commit to a full league schedule (I'm thinking Corey, Gene, Harvey, J.R...).

I know a few that given time I might be able to talk into playing. I will have to let you know about them.

Mr Ray.

#9 TheJim

TheJim
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts
  • Store:Atlantis III

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Being the Army veteran that I am, the Denver Bruisers will come out of retirement. I need info on what I should catch up on,time the tournament starts and is it still 1 million for doing the team.

Thanks

The Jim

:ph34r:

#10 Ralphriverrat

Ralphriverrat
  • Members
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:WH Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Warmachine, Hordes, Battle tech (Classic), almost any board game, D&D, D6 Star Wars, most other role playing games.
  • Store:AC-1 the original

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Put me down too man. Rose as a maybe, she's not sure yet but there's time.

#11 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

Being the Army veteran that I am, the Denver Bruisers will come out of retirement. I need info on what I should catch up on,time the tournament starts and is it still 1 million for doing the team.

Thanks

The Jim

:ph34r:

Go to the first entry and click on the
Atlantic Coast Charity Cup
Entry. That will have all the info.

Edited by Quite Dominator, 15 February 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#12 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Glad to have you, Eric and Jim!

Jim, as Ray said, the full rules can be downloaded from the site in the first post. Short answers, though:

-Not much to catch up on since you last played. The rules for a few skills received minor changes (Bloodlust, Pass Block) and a couple player types had their values adjusted, but that's about it. The current rules can be downloaded from the GW site (there are links in the "Charter & Guidelines" thread and in the ACCC rule packet).

-Tournament doors open at 8:30, first game at 10:00.

-1,100,000 to build your team, and then you add one of three skill packages for free. The extra gold allows for a bit more variety in team selection. Also note that you can "buy" inducements during team creation that can be used in all three games, including Star Players.

The sponsor list continues to grow, and I expect at least two more by the end of the week. There are going to be plenty of prizes to go around, and I'll be revealing some more incentives pretty soon. It's going to be a worthwhile event all around.

#13 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,298 posts
  • Interests:All Games and Entertainments!
    First commissioner of the Atlantis Games & Comics Blood Bowl League
  • Store:Portsmouth, Norfolk, & Virginia Beach - I was hard core!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

I'll have a copy of the ACCC tourney handbook with me at Portsmouth tonight. Catch me after the Orcidas Challenge to get a look at it. :D

#14 King of Coinjock

King of Coinjock
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:World Domination, Seafood, Breast Implants
  • Store:AC2

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the PM on this. Think my account has changed, but I am definately glad I still got it. Don't have miniatures for Blood Bowl, but since this isn't happening for a while- would love to see what I can do before then to get a team together. I've been loving Blood Bowl since the digital edition came out. I am actually quite good with the Skaven. As a shameless plug for the BASH league our next season is starting in March. If you are interested http://bashdl.com/ is the URL.

The biggest problem I've been having putting a team together for tabletop is the boxed set and my choice of team composition. I field 10 Linemen, two Gutter Runners, and a Rat Ogre. When they level up Linemen get Wrestle, Gutter Runners handle the ball with Block and Step-step, and barring anything weird- first skill for my Rat Ogre is usually Break Tackle. My BASH team has a Lineman with 4 Strength and a Lineman with Horns. Those two plus my Ogre can usually get two dice blocks somewhere while the Lineman with Wrestle are really just for opening holes. I found out early on so many teams have Block (Norse, Dwarfs, etc), that the Stormvermin weren't worth the extra coin. I know they get Strength skills, but since my Runners are constantly throwing/catching/scoring they are the ones who really get the SPP. I've kinda envisioned my team to hover around a certain team value too. I keep my number at 13, refuse to field an apothecary, and against a seriously loaded opponent- I can usually afford the Rat Ogre Star Player or at least a wizard. Fireball breaks that walking cage and gives me the extra score I need to win a game.

#15 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

You must be the coach-formerly-known-as-Mugwortle?

I like the stormvermin a lot, mainly just for the Guard access. They improve a lot with a doubles roll, as you can either give them Claw and then Mighty Blow, or just take Dodge and have a frontline Guarder who is extra difficult to take down. As you well know, skaven aren't going to win many brawls, but they still need to be able to get a couple hits in.

One of our league's current coaches built a really cool team out of a box of plastic skaven. He just put big shoulder pads on the blitzers and capes on the gutters while leaving the linemen alone, and they're pretty easy to tell apart. He also made helmets out of green stuff and paper clips, but you could probably skip that step and still have a pretty good-looking team.

Anyway, it would be great to have you in the tournament if you can get a team together.

I wish I had time for BASH, but Blood Bowl already consumes all my waking hours. :wacko:

Edited by Gaixo, 17 February 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#16 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

On its way from our latest sponsor:
Posted Image
This will be used for our "top table" and then given away in one of the day's last prize drawings.

#17 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

On its way from our latest sponsor:
Posted Image
This will be used for our "top table" and then given away in one of the day's last prize drawings.

That is nice.

Mr Ray

#18 King of Coinjock

King of Coinjock
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Yeah. That is me. I was looking at a 16-man painted team on eBay that would fit my needs pretty nicely. Think there are only 9feel linemen, but that is pretty close. I am just over painting miniatures at this point. If buying the models costs almost $100, then I don't mind paying a little extra for getting them painted. Think the Skaven team was $170 US plus shipping.

#19 King of Coinjock

King of Coinjock
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I actually have a nice pitch my brother made. Will try to link some photos later if you haven't seen it. I know he has an orc team. Trying to get him to tag along with me.

#20 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yeah. That is me. I was looking at a 16-man painted team on eBay that would fit my needs pretty nicely. Think there are only 9feel linemen, but that is pretty close. I am just over painting miniatures at this point. If buying the models costs almost $100, then I don't mind paying a little extra for getting them painted. Think the Skaven team was $170 US plus shipping.

That team looks pretty good. If no one bids it up in the next few hours, you should go for it!

#21 Mrs. Ming the Merciless

Mrs. Ming the Merciless
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

]Atlantic Coast Charity Cup

This seems pretty awesome. Kevin and I will definitely try to work this into our schedules!

#22 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Awesome! I emailed Kevin about it, it would be great if you guys could make it.

#23 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

This seems pretty awesome. Kevin and I will definitely try to work this into our schedules!

It would be great to see you both again.

#24 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Some of the smaller prizes are starting to roll in. As well as the ACCC field above, Sanabeso sent us one of his NSFW "Love Arena" fields, 3 sets of dugouts and 4 range rulers.

On the subject of playing fields, we also got a StreetBowl field from FF-Fields:
Posted Image

Also, Franarcilla has sent us a small selection of his Nurgle line. Examples:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
At least two of the bigger sponsors are waiting to see how many preregistrants we get, though. So...everyone who knows they're going to play really ought to try and pay as soon as possible. I would prefer a check or money order made out to "Wounded Warrior Project." There are a couple of bonus rewards that only preregistrants are going to get, so it's definitely worth your while.

Edited by Gaixo, 05 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#25 TheJim

TheJim
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

When are you going to be at Atlantis Norfolk?

#26 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Tomorrow, from 6 until about 9 is the only visit on my schedule right now. If there's some other time that you will be there, let me know and I can probably stop by.

Edited by Gaixo, 23 April 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#27 TheJim

TheJim
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Tomorrow, from 6 unitil about 9 is the only visit on my schedule right now. If there's some other time that you will be there, let me know and I can probably stop by.

Just to confirm Wednesday?

#28 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Right. 6-9 on Wednesday.

#29 TheJim

TheJim
  • Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Right. 6-9 on Wednesday.

I will see you then with a money order.

#30 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

Awesome. Thanks, Jim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users