• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 atlantiscomics

atlantiscomics
  • Supreme High Overlord
  • 1,860 posts
  • Store:Atlantis I (Portsmouth)

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

We have a group that has been coming up and playing games regularly on Tuesday nights at Portsmouth. They are looking for some new folks that want to get some board gaming in. They play just about anything but from memory they've played Chaos in the Old World, Civilization, Super Dungeon Explore, Battlestar Galactica, Dominion & Cosmic Encounters among others. So if you are looking to play come out. :) New players are welcome regardless of experience. Bring a game or just show up see whats going on.

#2 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Interests:As the Quite Dominator I do not make much of a splash: although I did get carried away once. That table will never be the same. The thing is, “Do not get to caught up with beating just one opponent. If you do I will just role over both of you and you will not even know what hit you or where it came from.” Good gaming.
  • Store:Portsmouth

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

I have a game I created I hope to come next Tuesday I hope I can get some people to play it. 

#3 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,298 posts
  • Interests:All Games and Entertainments!
    First commissioner of the Atlantis Games & Comics Blood Bowl League
  • Store:Portsmouth, Norfolk, & Virginia Beach - I was hard core!

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Hey Ray, you may want to post an ISO Playtesters thread with a little tease about what your game is about since this thread is a year and a half old so the Tuesday Board Game Night may have died out by now.

#4 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Interests:As the Quite Dominator I do not make much of a splash: although I did get carried away once. That table will never be the same. The thing is, “Do not get to caught up with beating just one opponent. If you do I will just role over both of you and you will not even know what hit you or where it came from.” Good gaming.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

OK Mike what is an ISO Playtester thread?  The game is an Presidential Election game.  It attempts to mimic the election process as it appears in the Constitution.  It sort of works like the elections did from 1887 to 1912.  That was before the country went to the 2 party system.   But two people can play the game it is just more fun with more people.  Up to 7 people can play the game.  

#5 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,298 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

ISO = In Search Of

Playtesters = the folks who get mentioned in game design credits as the folks who helped find and fix the bugs in the system.

The game sounds niche-interesting, hope you can work it out to a production level .

#6 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

I have had a few people at the shop play it.  I am getting the rules on paper now.   It is a fun game to play takes about 5 or 6 hours to play though.  The most exciting is the last 1 hour and 30 min or so.  

#7 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,298 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

If only there could be a way to get the game to that last hour and a half more quickly. ;)

#8 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

If only there could be a way to get the game to that last hour and a half more quickly. ;)

Ya that is what play testing/developing is for.  lol  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users