ABBL Records Blood Bowl

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:Atlantis Blood Bowl League commissioner.
    Into skirmish games: Infinity, Hell Dorado, Nemesis, Confrontation 3, etc.
  • Store:Norfolk, Portsmouth

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Here is a worksheet with the winning percentages of every team that participated in the first 19 seasons of the current version of the ABBL.

ABBL All-Time Winning Percentages (xls)

(as noted in the document, there are a very few results missing from the period of commissioner changeover)

Original commentary, much of which no longer applies:

Some items of interest:

-Well over 2,000 1,000 games have been played! (dur, 2,000 results=1,000 games. still seems like a lot)

-Most popular team type (in terms of individual teams): orcs.

-Least popular: a tie between generic elves, slann, undead and underworld with one team each. Those are all pretty fun teams, someone should start playing them.

-There were some definite anomalies, like the high winning percentages for underworld and slann (based on one team each) and the orcs' and necro's relatively low percentages (this is because so many first-time coaches use them, I think). Khemri are also benefitting from some top-flight coaching and low usage.

-Chaos dwarves, on the other hand, look legit. Even without the BTO, they would have a very good percentage. Lizardmen also seem to be good almost across the board, with a couple of notable exceptions dragging them down. The rest of the teams generally fall within their expected tier.

-Melkor's Marauders have the most wins ever with 46. Of course, they also lead in losses. Longevity works both ways.

-On a self-congratulatory note, I knew I had done well in Norfolk, but was pleasantly surprised to see that I have the best record in Virginia Beach as well. wink.gif I couldn't crack the top 20 in Portsmouth, though.

Edited by Gaixo, 06 August 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Mohgreen

Mohgreen
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  • Store:Norfolk

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

Oh wow. very cool ;) Thanks for taking the time to plug all this in!

EDIT: took quote of old/bad link out.

Edited by Gaixo, 04 April 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#3 Ralphriverrat

Ralphriverrat
  • Members
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:WH Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Warmachine, Hordes, Battle tech (Classic), almost any board game, D&D, D6 Star Wars, most other role playing games.
  • Store:AC-1 the original

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'd love to see this, but the computer can't open it at the shop. :)

#4 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Attached File  ABBL Racial Percentages.jpg   95.27K   30 downloads

Attached File  ABBLALLTIMEPERCENTAGES.jpg   185.61K   36 downloads

Attached File  Norfolk Percentages.jpg   186.52K   24 downloads

Attached File  Portsmouth Percentages.jpg   250.96K   12 downloads

Attached File  VaBeach_Percentages.jpg   329.8K   78 downloads

Edited by Gaixo, 12 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#5 Ralphriverrat

Ralphriverrat
  • Members
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:WH Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Warmachine, Hordes, Battle tech (Classic), almost any board game, D&D, D6 Star Wars, most other role playing games.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

Wow, Really cool! Great job Nate, lots of data to go through but very impressive.

#6 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Interests:As the Quite Dominator I do not make much of a splash: although I did get carried away once. That table will never be the same. The thing is, “Do not get to caught up with beating just one opponent. If you do I will just role over both of you and you will not even know what hit you or where it came from.” Good gaming.
  • Store:Portsmouth

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Yes that was really cool. Nice to see all the info.
;)

#7 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

I've just realized that if N.O.C.I.J.V.F.S. make it through their season without a loss, that will put their career (not that two seasons is much of a career ;) ) record at 20-1 and give them the best overall percentage of any team. A loss this week or next would take them all the way down to about 90%, though.

#8 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Interests:As the Quite Dominator I do not make much of a splash: although I did get carried away once. That table will never be the same. The thing is, “Do not get to caught up with beating just one opponent. If you do I will just role over both of you and you will not even know what hit you or where it came from.” Good gaming.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

EDIT: Took out the quoted dead link.

This is good. It makes you feel like you are looking at a real football league like the NFL or something. With the wide variety of coaches and teams it is interesting to see how things have paned out. Give the new coach a good idea and something to think about when planning a team and knowing how others have feared with that kind of team. I like it. Keep it current and it would be even better. Not only would players have the regular season to look forward to but also how they fared in the over all skeem of the history of the ABBL. You know like knowing when there is an historic game going on or when a game moves a player up or down in the all time standings. Like in the Major League Base Ball all time hits. You could have the ABBL all time TD or all time wins leader. Also the top percentage player to date Retired and Active. All these could be in the Blood Bowl News. That would be cool to see every week.

Edited by Gaixo, 13 December 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#9 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,296 posts
  • Interests:All Games and Entertainments!
    First commissioner of the Atlantis Games & Comics Blood Bowl League
  • Store:Portsmouth, Norfolk, & Virginia Beach - I was hard core!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

Updating weekly would be nice, but an administrative burden for the few who would look at it (and I'm one of those who would not look).

Updating at the end of the season, however, seems just right to maintain historical perspective. :)

#10 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, I don't have every player's individual stats, so I can't keep records like that, Ray. As evidenced by the fantasy fantasy project, a lot of legwork is involved in tracking individual stats.

I do intend to update the team stats after every season.

#11 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I don't have every player's individual stats, so I can't keep records like that, Ray. As evidenced by the fantasy fantasy project, a lot of legwork is involved in tracking individual stats.

I do intend to update the team stats after every season.

I know you are correct but even if no one else would look at it I would. It would be nice to see the total TDs for a player in their career or even a team. Oh well.

But like you said "I've just realized that if N.O.C.I.J.V.F.S. make it through their season without a loss, that will put their career (not that two seasons is much of a career ;) ) record at 20-1 and give them the best overall percentage of any team. A loss this week or next would take them all the way down to about 90%, though."

I mean having that kind of info on a regular basic would be fun. Give some of the active teams that are out of the play off race something to shoot for.

Oh don't get me wrong having them after every season is great as well. It will be fun to see where your team ranks in the all time standings.

Just a thought.

Edited by Quite Dominator, 25 November 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#12 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

Updated these after the season, but forgot to post them. Anyway, the files above are updated now. The main changes are in Nurgle rising and the slann dropping, but there are a few other minor shifts. Also, as presaged in my earlier post and mentioned in the last newsletter, N.O.C.I.J.V.F.S. now have the highest all-time winning percentage, having only lost one game in their two seasons.

EDIT: Numbers weren't adding up, and it seems I had left out one of Xaos Xildren's playoff wins in the Overall and Race sheets. Have now fixed it in the excel document, but not the images.

Edited by Gaixo, 10 January 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#13 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,296 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

EDIT: Numbers weren't adding up, and it seems I had left out one of Xaos Xildren's playoff wins in the Overall and Race sheets. Have now fixed it in the excel document, but not the images.

Don't make me want to bring the Xildren out of the box again... ;)

#14 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

As promised, the new spreadsheet and images are above (switched into the original posts). Nurgle, Undead and Vampires all climbed a bit, while no races really fell off.

I'd still love to see a new Amazon, Halfling, Khemri, (Pro/Generic) Elf or Underworld team, as there have only been one or two teams from each of those races. I'd like to try Underworld myself, but they're not at the front of my line.

Edited by Gaixo, 04 April 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#15 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

As promised, the new spreadsheet and images are above (switched into the original posts). Nurgle, Undead and Vampires all climbed a bit, while no races really fell off.

I'd still love to see a new Amazon, Halfling, Khemri, (Pro/Generic) Elf or Underworld team, as there have only been one or two teams from each of those races. I'd like to try Underworld myself, but they're not at the front of my line.

The Lizardmen did not go up?

#16 Viking Mike

Viking Mike

I can see you!

• 3,296 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

With Dwarf and Slann teams in active play it seems you didn't perform well enough to advance past them with the burden of the cumulative play of the poorer performing Lizardman teams of yore.

#17 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

With Dwarf and Slann teams in active play it seems you didn't perform well enough to advance past them with the burden of the cumulative play of the poorer performing Lizardman teams of yore.

Well in that case I will have to continue my winning ways. lol.

#18 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yeah...lizardmen are the 2nd most popular in terms of total teams, and 3rd in games played. So it's hard to get much movement. On the other hand, if the Rotters had a winning record this past season, it could have put Nurgle into the top ten (though who would want that?).

#19 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Yeah...lizardmen are the 2nd most popular in terms of total teams, and 3rd in games played. So it's hard to get much movement. On the other hand, if the Rotters had a winning record this past season, it could have put Nurgle into the top ten (though who would want that?).

Hey they got a win and a tie. Next season will be different (I plan it that way any way.) <_<

#20 Ralphriverrat

Ralphriverrat
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Really great work again Nate. Might make me want to bring back a "Pot Stickers" style team after the "Deal Breakers" get old or start dominating :blink: LOL! Just to see a hafling team moving, downward no doubt, but making a move in the list would be fun.

#21 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Excel document and images updated to reflect Season Eighteen's results.

Chaos and orcs went up a bit, while Chaos pact, lizardmen, Nurgle, and slann all fell slightly.

#22 Deadshane

Deadshane

Pathetic Earthlings...who can save you now?!?

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Store:Atlantis VB

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Next season I predict that Khemri teams go up a bit! :lol:

#23 robstac2

robstac2
  • Members
  • 309 posts
  • Store:atlantis portsmouth

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

Attached File  VaBeach_Percentages.jpg   329.8K   78 downloads

hi never notice that i like that could you do that every season or 2 season afterward i might want to play my chaos next season if i don't go to playoff this season i little bit more positive now that i might get to play off now then begginning of the season

Edited by robstac2, 09 October 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#24 Quite Dominator

Quite Dominator
  • Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

The Rotters are on their way to a winning season. So it might put the Nurgle into the Top 10 after or will that take 2 season now? lol.

#25 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

hi never notice that i like that could you do that every season or 2 season afterward i might want to play my chaos next season if i don't go to playoff this season i little bit more positive now that i might get to play off now then begginning of the season

The percentages are updated after every season.

The Rotters are on their way to a winning season. So it might put the Nurgle into the Top 10 after or will that take 2 season now? lol.

It's possible, if only because Norse are going to drop out. It looks like halflings might pass both of them, though. It's much easier to up the percentages with a team that almost no one has played.

#26 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Updated the excel sheet in the top post, and the images in the fourth post.

As expected, Khemri shot way up. Dwarves fell slightly and Chaos Pact continues to drop. Orcs and halflings switched places (it's ridiculous that they were so close in the first place, but halflings over orcs is even worse :rolleyes: ).

#27 robstac2

robstac2
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

time to make the amazon team look good looking at the record make me mad they are good with right first two skills and a good coach i don't care i going make them look good

#28 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Updated.

Somebody play Underworld, I'm tired of seeing them up so high.

#29 robstac2

robstac2
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

nate amazons got more than 4 wins there a amazon team with 8 wins and 10 losses

#30 Gaixo

Gaixo

Rhymes with "I hate you"

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Nah, the Vegas Showgirls were just mislabeled in Portsmouth (they're elves). It's correct on the overall and racial charts.

And you've already got the best record. I said you needed 3 to beat the best Amazon record, but 2.5 is good enough.

Edited by Gaixo, 10 May 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ABBL, Records, Blood Bowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users