The SPR Blood Bowl League will be sponsoring a NAF sanctioned Blood Bowl tournament on Saturday, March 30 at FTW Games!
Event Name: SPR Bacon Bowl
Place: FTW Games in Richmond, Virginia (see "Store Information" below for address, phone number and web address)
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (see “Agenda” below for more details)
Entrance Fee: $15 per player
What Each Participant Must Bring
- 3 copies of their team roster (see “Roster Creation” below)
- Block Dice and a d8 (d6s will be provided, see “What Each Participant Receives”)
- Models representing their team and players. Each player must be numbered.
- Pen or pencil
- A pitch and dug outs (not required, but if you have a pitch/dug outs please bring them with you to ensure we have enough!)
What Each Participant Receives
- A set of custom SPR Blood Bowl League d6s
- 3 games of Blood Bowl
- An opportunity to win an awesome trophy (see “Awards/Trophies” below)
- Bacon-wrapped hot dogs—the official food of the SPR Blood Bowl League!
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Tailgating and Registration
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., First Round
1:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m., Second Round
4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., Tailgating/Dinner Break
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Third Round
7:30 p.m., Award Ceremony
Games will be played using the rules from the Blood Bowl Competition Rules Pack with the following modifications:
- Illegal procedure will not be in effect.
- Turns will not be timed unless Coaches prefer otherwise. Simply discuss this with your opponent before each match begins.
- The d6s provided upon registration must be used by each coach.
- Rosters are reset after each round. This means players are restored to health/life, star player points are not accumulated, no improvement rolls are made and no gold is earned.
- Each Coach has an allowance of 1,100,000 gold pieces to create their roster.
- Inducements may be purchased during team creation, including Star Players, but excludes Wizards, Special Play Cards and Unlimited Mercenaries. These inducements are considered a permanent part of the team can be used each game. Opposing teams may have the same Star Player, contrary to the rule book.
- Teams may be selected from the 21 races in the rulebook in addition to the 3 new teams approved by the Blood Bowl Rules Committee (Chaos Pact, Slaan, Underwold Pact).
- You must have at least 11 players on your roster. Please note: Star Players purchased during team creation do not count towards the minimum 11 players required for a team.
- The following teams will be eligible to win the Stunty Cup: Halfings, Ogres, Goblins, Lizardmen (no Saurus Warriors), and Underworld Pact (no skaven players) (see “Awards/Prizes” below.)
Each Coach has an allowance of 100,000 gold pieces worth of skills and/or stat increases. Reference pages 26-27 of the Blood Bowl rules for appropriate values and rules. The following restrictions apply:
- No player may be given more than one skill OR stat increase.
- No player may be given a stat increase in addition to a skill (it’s either one or the other!)
- No more than 2 players may be given the same skill.
- No more than 2 players may have the same stat increase.
- No extraordinary skills may be taken.
- Players with a Strength value of 5 or more may not be given double skills unless they play for a Goblin, Halfling or Ogre team.
- Star players may not be given any skills or stat increases.
Pairing and Scoring
Opponents will be selected randomly for Round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 will be selected using the system of Swiss pairing (most points vs. most points, lowest points vs. lowest points, etc.) Coaches are awarded points based on the following:
+20 points for each win
+10 points for each draw
0 points for each loss
+ 1 point for every casualty suffered by the opposing team (crowd injuries, failed dodged injuries, etc. count!)
+ 1 point for each touchdown scored
+ 5 points for each epic challenge completed in the assigned round. (see "Epic Challenges" below)
In addition, the following points will be awarded after the second round of play, based on the appearance of each coach's team (judged by tournament staff).
- Painted, +2 Points: The models are each covered with paint of some type, with no bare metal or plastic visible.
- Detailed, +2 Points: The models aren’t just painted, but highly detailed and beyond that of table top quality.
- Numbered, +1 Point: All of the team's players are clearly numbered.
- Distinctive, +2 Points: All of the positional players may be easily determined (following explanation, if necessary).
- Based ,+2 Points: Each model's base is finished with gravel, flock, etc.
Unpainted teams are allowed, but their use will obviously impact a coach's chances of winning the tournament.
During each round a challenge will be in place which, if completed, will award each coach +5 points to their total score. They are as follows:
Round 1: By the end of the game you have successfully made a total of fifteen (15) 2-die blocks resulting in the opposing player being placed prone OR 20 successful dodge rolls are made.
Round 2: Go 6 straight turns in one half that do not result in a turnover for your team.
Round 3: Complete at least 6 foul actions with at least 3 not resulting in a player not being thrown out of the game (bribes could prove to be most useful!)
Trophies will be given during the award ceremony for the following:
- 1st Place (most match points)
- 2nd Place (second most match points)
- Most Violent (most casualties inflicted)
- Highest Scoring (most touchdowns scored)
- Best Defense (least touchdowns allowed)
- Stunty Cup (most match points scored by a stunty team)
- Best Painted
- Most Spanked (least match points)
- Best TD Celebration! (score a touchdown and go NUTS!)
How to Register
Registration is a two-step process.
Step 1.) Email Jeremiah (me) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your intention to participate, what team you'll be using, and a copy of your roster. All skill selections should be in bold. Your roster will be forwarded to SPR Blood Bowl League Commissioner, Mike Vag, for approval.
Step 2.) Visit or call FTW and let their staff know that you’re registering for the SPR Bacon Bowl on March 30 (cost $15). Walk-in registration is perfectly acceptable, but pre-registration is preferred.
Edited by Gaixo, 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM.